Friday, February 15, 2013

Finding the Tree(s)

As far as location for my outdoor sculpture installation(s), I am thinking about the trees behind the Art School, which are more or less small in stature and sparsely spaced in the field along the path that leads up from Fuller to A&D. They fringe the forest area, and might be a really magical kind of place to install my interacting sculpture form(s), to really engage that space. I'm going to talk to the space coordinator at A&D about this idea, but I'll be making preparations for 'mapping' the tree with chicken wire soon. I'm so excited!

Also, as far as the book experiment, I am thinking about the idea of 'spinal gesturing' and creating a physical sculpture from the wordplay of the 'spine' of the book. This is as far as I have gotten with this idea as of yet, but I am very excited!

Possibilities and magical forests are everywhere.
Just sayin'.

-Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment