Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nest Body

So I'm thinking about how to create a face for my book sculpture, and I'm thinking all the sudden that a sort of half-mask face made of bended twigs would be sweet, and mimic the ideas of nests that have been propelling me all semester, So I'm thinking I would really like to try this out this weekend, see how it goes, and depending on that it may be a viable option in moving forward with my final project: we'll see.

This is my general process I'm looking at tryin' out this weekend:



How I can make my face nest from sticks:

  1. take face mold with plaster
  2. boil small sticks
  3. line the mold with plastic wrap, so the mold doesn’t get wet in this next step:
  4. arrange them, bendable, inside the face mask
  5. use knife to score the parts that are bending the most, like the nose or something
  6. let it dry, see how that goes!
  7. -- maybe hot glue the joints, so it stays together?

Who knows! I find I learn a lot in the making, so physically experimenting with materials I think will prove very valuable. Excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment